I am a huge fan of using my Dutch oven for cooking. I like that it has the perfect size, evenly cooks everything and is so versatile. Dutch oven chicken breast and potatoes it’s not only delicious, but healthy too!
This dish can be served as a main course or as an accompaniment to other dishes. All these reasons are why I recommend adding this easy recipe into your dinner routine!
Basically a Dutch oven is a cast-iron pot that can be used to cook food. It has a tight-fitting lid and usually includes legs for sitting on the coals of a fire.
These are great ways to make Dutch oven chicken breast and potatoes because they seal in moisture, which means the meat stays juicy.
A Dutch oven is a great way to cook chicken and potatoes. The benefits are many, including the rich flavor that comes from cooking in an enclosed pot with high heat. If you like your meat crispy on the outside but tender and juicy on the inside, this recipe is for you!
Chicken breast and potatoes are a classic dinner dish that is loved by everyone. Add in some Dutch oven cooking, and you have the perfect recipe for success!
This article will show you how to make Dutch oven chicken breast and potatoes by showing you step-by-step instructions.
Dutch Oven Chicken Breast and Potatoes
This Dutch oven chicken breast with potatoes is one of our favorite meals. It is quick, cheap, comfort. Dutch oven chicken breast and potatoes is a great recipe!
- One or two Dutch ovens (or as many that you need)
- Chicken breasts on top of them (the number depends on how many people are eating! To serve more people increase ingredients as needed.)
- If using frozen chicken breasts defrost and then place the raw poultry over the potatoes in a single layer without overlapping to avoid sticking. Season with salt and pepper generously! Bake for 30 minutes or until done cooking.
- Garnish with green onions if desired too! The following amounts will make enough for one person depending on size of potato – One small potato per breast – For every eight ounces of meat use no more than three cups of liquid; this will make enough for one person.
How To Cook: When using a pot in the kitchen, it is important to remember that boiling water can be dangerous because of the steam.
Boiling water with steam around it may produce hot liquid droplets which could cause burns or scalds if touched by bare skin so always use caution when cooking food at home! Stay safe out there!
This Review May Help You:
Here’s why a Dutch oven chicken is the juiciest ,easiest roast chicken ever:
Actually Roast chicken is a popular Sunday supper, as delicious to smell as it is to eat. The dish is also tough to perfect, requiring a gentle touch and plenty of patience.
– One small potato per breast For every eight ounces of meat use no more than three cups of liquid; this depends on size of potato – One small potato per breast . For every eight ounces or so, put in just enough water to cover the bottom by about an inch (turn it off as soon as it reaches boiling point).
Add half a tablespoon each salt and pepper for chicken breasts. Cover with lid then turn stovetop burner down to low heat until potatoes are done cooking – which usually takes around 30 minutes.
Remove from oven, slice up your potatoes into bite sized pieces while you’re waiting for the rest to finish baking)
Dutch Oven Chicken Breast Recipe Ingredients:
- Dutch oven
- chicken breasts
- potatoes (chopped into bite sized pieces)
- salt and pepper to taste
How To Cook: Place Dutch Oven on stovetop, turn burner to medium heat. Add a few tbsp of olive oil or vegetable oil before adding chicken breasts. Cover Dutch oven with lid then put in prepped potatoes after the first minutes of cooking have passed.
Let cook for 30 minutes until done – check periodically to make sure it doesn’t burn! Remove from stovetop when finished, cut up your potatoes into smaller pieces while you wait.
Eat fresh out of the pot with spoon or knife; there should be enough juice left over that all you’ll need is cheese if you want to have a side dish.
Ingredients for this Greek Chicken Recipe
- Olive oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Fresh lemon juice (about a tablespoon)
- One large or two small cloves of garlic, minced finely with a pinch of sea salt.
- One medium onion chopped very finely. You can also use shallots if you have them on hand!
Garlic Mushroom Chicken Recipe
Ingredients for this Garlic Mushroom Chicken Recipe:
Olive Oil – Salt & Pepper – Rosemary – Thyme Leaves – Butter or Margarine – Mushrooms; sliced thin and sautéed in the butter before adding more ingredients above. Add some green onions if desired too!
How To Cook:
- Just preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a cast iron Dutch oven, melt butter (or margarine) and then add garlic, onion, mushrooms before adding the potatoes and chicken breasts on top of them. Season with salt and pepper generously!
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done cooking. Garnish with green onions if desired too!
Dutch Oven Honey Mustard BBQ Chicken and Potatoes
This Dutch Oven Honey Mustard BBQ Chicken and Potatoes recipe is the poplular yummy one pot comfort food meal.
How To Cook:
- Set Dutch oven on stovetop, turn burner to medium heat; add oil if you don’t already have some in chicken breast Sautee pan (you can always take it out later)
- Place potatoes inside when first minutes of cooking are over then cover with lid for 30 mins – check periodically so they don’t burn!
- Add cheese at end as desired for additional taste. Enjoy fresh from the pot while hot!
Lemon and Chicken in a Dutch Oven
Lemon and Chicken in a Dutch Oven :Cooking this lemon and chicken you will need to prepare fresh ingredients. So collect your flavors like fresh spices, garlic, and herbs. Then cut the chicken into bite size pieces and mix with all other ingredients. The mixture should be prepared in a bowl . Dutch Oven Lemon Chicken Recipe.
Put this marinade together is to combine lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme sprigs or oregano leaves . Dutch Oven Lemon Chicken Recipe. You can also add parsley if you like it that way!
Dutch Oven Potatoes – BBQ Recipe
Cooking these Dutch oven potatoes will require onion powder, garlic cloves (chopped), paprika and chili flakes for seasoning. Dice your potato before peeling , so they are ready to go.
- Throw them into boiling water for about 20 minutes until soft and cooked through then set them aside to cool.
- Place them in a bowl and cover with your favorite BBQ sauce
- Dutch Oven Lemon Chicken Recipe. Cover the Dutch oven for about 20 minutes, flipping it over after 12-14 minutes
depending on how crispy you want everything to be!
One of my favorite go-to dishes is chicken breast and potatoes (baked) – which are so easy to prepare.
Chicken Breast and Potatoes (baked)
You can make this dish just by placing potatoes along with other ingredients into the Dutch oven before preparing it in an oven or grill: olive oil, onion powder garlic cloves chopped up paprika chili flakes salt thyme sprigs oregano leaves parsley if desired.
Cooking these Dutch oven potatoes will require onion powder, garlic and other spices to taste depending on your personal preference!
How To Cook:
- Chop the onions into small pieces then add them to a preheated pot with olive oil until they turn translucent
- This should take about five minutes;
- Next add minced or crushed garlic cloves (depending on the size) for three more minutes while stirring every so often
- Pour in water or broth adding black pepper.
F.A.Q (Frequently Asked Questions)
Is 25 minutes short for cooking chicken breasts and potatoes in a Dutch oven?
I don’t think 25 is too short for that amount of ingredients but if it’s still not cooked at this point then yes it may be a little bit on the shorter side I suppose . If your pot becomes dry or starts sticking to the bottom while you are stirring everything together – add more water/broth etc as needed.
Is it better to Bake chicken at 350 or 400?
So Baked chicken is not only delicious, but it makes this healthier than deep frying or stir frying.
The best way is by using a Dutch oven and cooking the meat on low heat for about 40 minutes (although you can cook them faster).
You want to use an aluminum foil covered dish with vegetables drizzled in olive oil mixed with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Adding potatoes will make the meal more filling.”
This recipe has been approved by our friends over at Cordon Blues!
|Oven Temperature||Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Bake Time|
|350°F (177°C)||25-30 minutes|
|375°F (191°C)||23-30 minutes|
|400°F (204°C)||22-25 minutes|
|425°F (218°C)||18-22 minutes|
Is 45 minutes long enough to cook chicken?
Do you know 45 minutes A whole, unstuffed chicken should be roasted for 1 hour and 40 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the inner thigh registers 165 degrees.
I baked it for 45 minutes and then I put it on high for 15 minutes to crisp up the skin, but when I took it out, my chicken was still really pink inside so some parts were undercooked. What should I do?
The juices will be running clear (or mostly clear) from your meat when you cut into it with a clean knife. If there is any blood left in your juice after cutting all pieces of meat open – return them back to oven or over medium heat until this changes color and they become “done.”
Otherwise – store them at 180 degree Fahrenheit (82 Celsius) which means that if its cooked properly.
The spices have permeated throughout the chicken breast so go ahead and put on some BBQ sauce! Since we are using Dutch ovens for cooking our food, what do people call us? Dutchers!
Can you cook chicken at 200 degrees?
Roasting at 200°F will keep the meat from seizing up and squeezing out lots of juice, but there is a risk that you run with high oven temps. Here is how to do it:
Preheat your oven to 425* F for 30 minutes. Pat dry some boneless skinless chicken breasts with paper towels or let them air dry on a wire rack in the fridge overnight so they’re really bone free and juicy (this will also help keep them moist).
How long it takes to cook a chicken breast in the Dutch oven?
The time will vary with different recipes, but you can expect that cooking times for 30-35 minutes. The temperatures are typically set at 350 or 400 degrees Fahrenheit and the cooking process is often assisted by a wire rack.
This provides enough airflow to keep the meat moist without drying out too quickly on top of all of that delicious flavor from the juices pan drippings!
Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes (depending on size)
Temperature: 375 F degrees F
Oven Position: Lower third of oven and one inch below heating element; position racks so they’re not touching each other.
How long does it take to cook two chicken breasts in the oven?
1.Cooking a small boneless, skinless chicken breast for 20 minutes will result in an overcooked and dry meat.
2.Bone-in, skin on chickens takes about 35 to 40 minutes which yields juicier results with more flavor.
So Preparing a Thoroughly Delicious One-Pot Meal Dutch oven chicken breast and potatoes is an easy way to make dinner time much less stressful!
The benefits of a one pot dish for busy people. These are really convenient as they can be made in advance and then stored until needed, meaning you don’t have any more cooking tasks cluttering your day up when it’s already hectic enough with other things going on too; at least not so many that need attention anyway!
As well as this, preparing these dishes has been proven easier than others because there is only one pan to wash up afterwards which means less hassle – great news if you’re short on time or patience in general.