Dreaming of having mouth-watering meat? Offset smoker is one of the good choices for someone who is looking to cook some quality and delicious tasting BBQ. The best offset smoker is a two in one combination of a charcoal grill and a smoker.
Not only it will serve you delicious food but also save a lot of money and space. Many barbecue admirers prefer offset smoker. It comes with a bulky cooking space.
This will assist you to produce some great delicious food and can give you the feeling of being a true pitmaster.
They are effective yet simple. In the offset smoker, food gets exposed to smoke and that adds a nice brown layer and mouth-watering tastes to the food. Their exteriors also look really cool.
Most offset smokers cooking surface area is designed to cook large amounts of food at once as they are intended to be used at large events and family functions.
While it may seem like there’s not much to choose from, actually there is. Best offset smokers are available in a few different materials and configurations.
In this guide, we will help you to choose the best offset smoker that will treat you with delicious foods.
You may like similar review :
6 BEST OFFSET SMOKER FOR THE MONEY IN 2020:
|Image||Product||Weight & Cooking Area||Fuel Type & Style|
|Dyna-Glo Signature Series||
|Dyna-Glo Offset Smoker||
|Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill||
|Oklahoma Joe Highland Reverse Flow Smoker||
|Char-Griller Offset Smoker||
|Smoke Hollow ps4415 Propane Smoker||
DYNA-GLO SIGNATURE SERIES
This multifunctional DYNA-GLO SIGNATURE SERIES you the best of both worlds. This Signature Series Heavy-Duty Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker & Grill from Dyna-Glo lets you have it all with both offset smoking and grilling capacity.
It will allow you to take your grilling, cooking, and smoking skill to the next level. This is one of the best offset smoker from user ratings and quality.
Burners: This Dyna Glo heavy duty barrel charcoal grill offset smoker has two cooking space that offers both grilling and smoking with a generous cooking space of 1382 square inches.
Temperature Gauge: it comes with a stainless temperature gauge.
Design and Construction: it is made out of quality and reliable heavy-duty gauge stainless steel which makes it heavy but durable. But its weight shouldn’t be a concern as its mobility is enhanced by its steel wheels. The barrel features five chrome-plated cooking grates
Heat and Smoke Control: It has a “smoke zone” and “grill zone” indicator which helps you to find the perfect temperature to fill your food with smoke flavor.
Color: Dyna-Glo signature series heavy duty barrel charcoal grill and offset smoker are in black color.
Additional Features: Dyna Glo Smokers has 5 chrome-plated cooking grates. It also has removal offset charcoal grate and ash pan which offers stress-free access to fuel as well as quick disposal of ash.
Its cool-touch spring lid handle gives you safe access to food. Its features also include pre-installed sausage hooks which provide you with additional cooking flexibility.You will find everything on Dyna Glo Signature series Smoker manual and this is one of the best offset smoker under 500.
What We Like
√ Chrome-pleated cooking grates
√ Made of durable heavy gauge stainless steel
√ It has wheels so, it’s easy to move around
√ It’s versatile, can serve as both a smoker and a grill
√ Generous grilling and smoking area
What We don’t like
× All controls are analog
× Not suitable who prefers fancy features
DYNA-GLO OFFSET SMOKER
This highly durable smoker is built to last. With its 784 square inch smoking area, it can smoke almost 100 lbs of food at once. This multi-functional and large capacity BBQ machine will open the door for you to a whole new world.
Key Features of Dyna-Glo Offset Smoker
Burners: it offers a 15,000 BTU heavy-duty cast iron burner.
Temperature Gauge: it has a stainless steel temperature gauge with a “smoke zone” indicator which helps you to find the perfect temperature for infusing smoke flavor.
Design and Construction: Dyna Glo smoker parts are built with heavy-duty steel and its high temp powder coat finish makes it resistant to high temperature. Its dual door design lessens heat loss when you add wood chips during the smoking process.
Its wood chip box is heavy gauge porcelain-coated steel. The charcoal chamber is designed to keep briquettes firmly assembled for better burn efficiency.
Heat and Smoke Control: its electronic pulse ignition system allows reliable and quick ignition. Cook meat slow and low in the smoker. Its steel smoke stack’s adjustable flue helps to control temperature and increase cooking accuracy.
The offset design enhances indirect heat flow which is perfect for infusing smoke flavor and slow cooking.
Additional Features: Dyna-Glo dgo1176bdc-d charcoal offset smoker reviews say with its 6 height-adjustable cooking grates you can accommodate different types and sizes of food.
What We Like
√ Height adjustable grates and ashtray
√ Heavy-duty and durable
√ It has an electronic ignition system
√ Delivers enhanced heat control
√ Easy to assemble and clean
What We don’t like
× It may produce heavy smoke
× You have to buy the cover separately
ROYAL GOURMET CHARCOAL GRILL
For different family occasions or few of your friends coming over, Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill with Offset Smoker 30 is a perfect choice.
It’s also perfect for a quick BBQ grill. Royal Gourmet Smoker Reviews are very much positive with high ratings.
It’s easy to assemble, use, and clean. Its total cooking surface is 800 sq. in. It heats up pretty quickly and it’s very good at holding the heat. It infuses a nice smoked taste and keeps the meat juicy and tender.
Key Features of Royal Gourmet Charcoal Grill
Burners: it comes with two cooking spaces.
Temperature Gauge: it has a built-in easy to read thermometer in the main lid which helps to control the temperature of the grilling.
Design and Construction: Royal Gourmet 30 in. Charcoal Grill with Offset Smoker reviews attract food lovers to buy this .Its easy to assemble. The main chamber has porcelain steel cooking grates and also a modest size warming rack.
Its smooth connection between the main chamber and side smoker allows to heat up quickly and helps to keep warm. Its lid with groove design warrants sealing performance and keeps the heat very well.
Its removable charcoal pan makes it easy to add charcoal and dump ashes. Its features also include a bottom shelf and front table which provides additional storage and working space. And it is easy to transport with its two 6″ wheels.
Heat and Smoke Control: To control the heat you can adjust the charcoal height with lifting handles. Adjustable vent provides air flowing as required so you can have better heat control.
Additional Features: its cooking grates are made of porcelain wire that retains heat evenly and lock the juice to make your meat tender. It’s also easy to clean, durable, and rust-resistant.
What We Like
√ Charcoal pan is adjustable
√ The huge primary grill grate
√ Robust base with expanded metal shelf
What We don’t like
× Small smoker box
× Hard to adjust charcoal pan when hot
OKLAHOMA JOE HIGHLAND REVERSE FLOW SMOKER
Oklahoma Joe’s Highland Reverse Flow is one of the best reverse flow offset smoker. It offers a great smoking experience. It’s made of heavy-gauge steel and has a total cooking surface of 900 square inches.This is one of the best reverse flow offset smoker.
Key Features of Oklahoma Joe Highland Reverse Flow Smoker
Burners: This oklahoma joe highland reverse flow smoker mods has two cooking spaces. It employs a series of 4 baffles that guide smoke and heat through the main chamber and deliver you a delicious result.
Temperature Gauge: Compare to others it has a bigger gauge that is located right in front of the user’s eyes. This efficient gauge will help you monitor your food and prevent them from getting under or overcooked.
Design and Construction: the doors of both the smoking and the grilling are very convenient and accessible so, access to food is easy. It also has additional shelves or rack which you can use to keep things you need. The firebox chamber has a large charcoal basket made of stainless steel for easy fuel management and clean-out door so you can easily remove ash. Your hands are protected with its cool-touch handles. Its large wheels make it easy to move around.
Heat and Smoke Control: Oklahoma Joe Highland Reverse Flow reviews stay at 4.1 stars it’s cooking grates are porcelain-coated and with its multiple dampers, you can control the heat and smoke easily for a better result.
Additional Features: Optional smokestack locations allow you to choose between traditional offset smoking and reverse flow smoking. 4 baffles deliver heat and hot air evenly and provide even temperature all over the chamber.
What We Like
√ Assembling is easy
√ Appliances are well-designed
√ Provides easy accessibility to the food
√ Highly functional
What We don’t like
× Made from thin steel
CHAR-GRILLER OFFSET SMOKER
Char Griller Smokin Pro Mods is one of the best offset smokers under 500$. You can cook delicious smoked food without having to spend much.
Key Features of Char-Griller Offset Smoker
Burners: char griller parts are strong enough. It features two cooking space, one in the firebox which also work as a griller and another in the main cooking chamber. The firebox cooking space is for direct and intense cooking.
Temperature Gauge: Char-Griller 1224 Smokin Offset Smoker’s temperature gauge is located on tip of the main cooking chambers lid.
Design and Construction: It features cast iron cooking grates. The grates need well seasoning and you will have to keep them dry after using to avert rusting. the removable ashtray is easy to clean. The main cooking chamber has an additional rack that keeps food warm while you are busy grilling. This lightweight but a bit big offset smoker comes with wheels, making it easy to move it from one place to another.
Heat and Smoke Control: you can monitor the inside temperature of the smoker with its built-in thermometer. And you can control the heat through adjustable dampers and fire grate.
Additional Features: even when the smoker is very hot, it’s wood-handled cool to the touch wire will not burn your fingers and hands. You can add charcoal to the offset smoker whenever you need to with its easily accessible drawers. It also lets you easily remove and dispose of ash for easy cleaning.
What We Like
√ Cooking grates are made of durable cast iron
√ Total cooking space is huge × Smoke tends to leak easily
√ Adjustable fire grate provides easy heat control
√ The thermometer is high-grade and has grill and smoke zone
What We don’t like
× Thin metal
× Smoke tends to leak easily
SMOKE HOLLOW PS4415 PROPANE SMOKER
Smoke Hollow PS4415 Propane Smoker comes with improved features and quality performance. From veggies to meat, it has plenty of room for different food items. This Smoke Hollow pro series 44″ smoker comes with enough capacity for easily handle foods in a gathering.
Key Features of Smoke Hollow ps4415 propane smoker
Burners: Smoke Hollow ps4415 Propane Smoker is equipped with two individual stainless steel 11,000 BTU burners.
Temperature Gauge: there’s a professional quality heat indicator on the door which allows you to manage the smoking temperature.
Design and Construction: Smoke Hollow PS4415 Pro Series 44 propane smoker is equipped with two wood chip trays with large capacity and they load externally which helps to reduce temperature and heat loss. The cabinet is made of welded steel and the grates are chrome-plated. It also features a combination cooking grid, 2 jerky style cooking grates, and 2 standard cooking grates.
Heat and Smoke Control: You can operate Smoke Hollow Offset Smoker has two burners individually for optimum performance and temperature control. And you can manage the smoking temperature with the heat indicator.
Additional Features: you can drag and control the improved and easily adjustable upper chimney. The water pan is porcelain coated.
What We Like
√ Large cooking space
√ Quality heat indicator
√ Wood chip trays load externally
What We don’t like
× Doesn’t have wheels for easy moving
Why Offset Smoker
More often there are 2 or even 3 discrete cooking racks in the cooking area so you can cook a lot of meat at once.
Smoking food requires you to add more fuel or charcoal. In offset smokers, you can access the fire without opening the cooking chambers lid as it has a split chamber for that. So if you don’t need to open the lid, you don’t lose too much heat, hence, no prolong the cooking time. Offset smokers are a very popular choice for outdoor barbecuing and smoking. It enhances the confidence of serious food smoking and it also looks cool in your yard.
We have come up with 6 of the best offset smokers available on the market. We have done research and reviewed them based on their pricing, construction, capacity, and multi-functionality. Let’s get started.
What Should Be Look Before Buying Best Offset Smoker
With all these great brands available with their multi-functionality, it’s not an easy process to choose one that will be best for you. This buying guide will provide you with essential information and factors to help you choose.
Why you should choose Best Offset Smoker
Although grilling is fast and convenient, it would not be able to provide your meat with the textures and flavors you would acquire from a smoker. Smoking your food is a slow process but It rewards you with a result that worth the wait. The indirect smoke and heat enhance the taste of the meat by slowly seeping flavors into the meat. That’s why a lot of BBQ enthusiasts prefer offset smoker.
An offset smoker is a smoker and a charcoal grill in one. Almost all offset smoker features large cooking space allowing you to cook a lot of food at once. So, this will be a money saver.
Things to consider when buying Best offset smoker
There are pros and cons to anything you buy. The same goes for an offset smoker. There are a few points to ponder before you choose one.
The weather conditions of your primary grilling site should be in your consideration. Weather like, heavy rain, low temperature, and high winds all can have a negative effect on smokers and can hamper performance.
- Budget: your budget plays an important role while choosing an appropriate offset smoker. The difference between a quality offset smoker and a cheap offset smoker is huge. That being said, choose a model that’s a fine balance between meeting your requirements and your budget. In fact, the offset smoker presented in this review won’t require you to spend a fortune. They are some of the best offset smokers under 1000.
- Size: offset smokers are available in all shapes and sizes. While choosing one, you should first determine how much cooking space you would need. If you are planning to cook for a large gathering, you will need a big smoker but if it’s for a small group of people then a small smoker will suffice.
- Construction: construction of an offset smoker is a major consideration. It needs to be made of high-quality and heavy thick metal, which will not only make it durable but also retains heat to keep the temperature constant. It will also decrease the use of more fuel. An offset smoker made of thick metal will be adequate to retain and evenly distribute the heat inside the smoker. And one made of thin metal will not provide even heat.
- Temperature gauge: a great offset smoker should feature a fine temperature gauge in an appropriate position so you can accurately know the inside temperature of the smoking chamber. This will help you to monitor the inside temperature of the smoker without having to open the lid. Opening the lid every time will result in losing heat which will make your cooking more time-consuming.
- Quality seals and dampers: the smoker will need more fuel if it leaks. A good offset smoker should come with a lid that is tight and won’t leak smoke. Leaking smoke will also cause your food to lose the smoky flavor. Dampers should also have a tight seal and should be easy to adjust, oil, and slide. So the heat and smoke level inside the cooking chamber will be well-controlled.
- Good ventilation: good smoking requires a consistent temperature, and to control the temperature of a smoker you have to control the flow of oxygen. Oxygen is an important element of fire. Fire burns better with more oxygen. You won’t be able to hold a consistent temperature or manage the temperature if vents are too hard to adjust or too small. Check the connection between the main chamber and the firebox because internal venting also plays an important role. You will not get decent heat distribution if the two meet at the height of the grill or higher. Heat rises, so for better heat distribution heat should not start at the same height as meat.
- Portability: a fine quality smoker is heavy enough for you to be unable to lift it. So regardless of your plan to move it around or to keep it in one place, you will appreciate having a set of sturdy wheels in case you want to move it around. A quality offset smoker should have the comfort of portability.
- Storage space: a great smoker should have some storage space. There should be shelves or grates between the legs area of the smoker for storing fuel and cooking stuff. It should also have hooks for utensils and more importantly, it should have front shelves or side shelves so, you can conveniently put plates, spices and all the sauces you need.
- Quality paint job: the paint does not need to be fancy but it should be heat resistant. If the paint is unable to withstand the heat or its not heat-proof and easily chips off, the metal underneath will be exposed and rust. Chipped paint will cause the thinning of the metal which can lead to heat loss and decrease of performance.
- Ease of maintenance: cleaning up the charcoal grill can be troublesome. In fact, it is considered to be one of the shortcomings of having an offset smoker. While choosing the best one to fill your needs, you should also reflect on whether it’s easy and convenient to clean and maintain. Although most of the offset smoker comes with a removable pan for easy ash dispose of, you should check for this feature on the one you are choosing to buy.
- Protective covers: a quality protective cover like a waterproof one will keep the smoker dry and protect it against the elements, even if you store it indoors. If a protective cover does not come with your choice of smoker then purchase that will fit its size and dimensions.
- Ashtray and door to the firebox: whether it is the smoking wood or charcoal, the firebox is the place where the fuel burns. Usually, the firebox is attached beside the smoking chamber. The firebox is one of the most important components of a smoker. It should be well-constructed. It should also come with features that are necessary for the smoker to offer quality performance. It should have a door for easy access to the ashtray and fuel. The ashtray will hold the burnt fuel ashes, so you can empty the ashtray and easily clean the firebox.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: how the best offset smoker works?
A: an offset smoker is easy to use once you learn how to control the heat. It works by allowing heat and smoke indirectly cook food. With wood or charcoal fire is produced in the firebox, then from the firebox smoke and heat flows to the cooking chamber and gets out through the chimney located on the other side of the firebox.
Q: When should I start placing meat?
A: 30 minutes after you have started the fire, start placing the meat.
Q: how to maintain and clean an offset smoker?
A: maintaining and cleaning your offset smoker is a very important aspect of having this cooking equipment. If you wish to keep your smoker in top shape, cleaning it after each use and routine check from time to time will help you to do so.
All offset smokers are different from one another.
While all of them need checking for maintenance, some require more checking and repairs.
Before cleaning and repairing your offset smoker, you should read and understand that particular part of the owner’s manual.
Q: Which is the best reverse flow offset smoker?
A: Oklahoma Joe’s Highland Reverse Flow is one of the best reverse flow offset smoker that is presented in our best offset smoker review.
For someone who is passionate about barbecue or people who love tasty cooked meat, an offset smoker is a useful and valuable asset. If you are planning to buy an offset smoker, choosing the best one can be challenging. Especially with all these great brands available with their varying features and multi-functionality, it’s easy to get overwhelmed.
You should have a clear idea of the purpose you need it to serve, will it be enough for your family size, personal taste, and cooking preferences. And to ease out the process we have provided you with necessary information’s which you should consider while planning to buy the best offset smoker that will suit your needs.
Once you have the best offset smoker for you by your side…
its time for you to learn and master the skill of smoking the delicious food and treat the mouth of your family and friends with flavors.
Helpful and enjoyed? We bet you’ll also love our other lists for…