There’s nothing like a well-made piece of smoked meat fresh out of the smoker.
If you are looking for the best electric smoker under 300, then look no further. Here is a list of some of the best electric smokers that cost less than $300 and come with great reviews from users.
The main difference between an electric smoker and other types of smokers is that it doesn’t use charcoal or wood to cook your food. This means that you can enjoy delicious smoked meats without all the mess!
So,What are the brands to avoid? Well, to make your search easier, we have found out some of the best electric smokers under 300. But if you are in hurry and no time to read through all the 7 reviews, then you can just choose Char-Broil Digital Electric Smoker. That’s my #1 choice in this list.
Char-Broil Digital Electric Smoker - Best Electric Vertical Smoker
With a cooking space of 500 square inches, this device can reach a maximum temperature of 275°F an easy-peasy cooking experience.Overall compact and lightweight smoker.
7 Best Electric Smoker Under 300 in 2021:
100°F to 400°F
Why Choose an Electric Smoker?
There are plenty of reasons to choose . The top-rated are extremely flexible, so you can enjoy swiftly cooked smoked flavored juicy meat along with different yummy other types of food, even in areas with a fire ban. Most electric smokers are also easy to use, with a simple LED interface that will let you know when the food is ready.
Which type of electric smoker should you choose?
To get the smoker for you, consider the following factors:
- Suitable capacity and size for your cooking needs, e.g., for a couple or small family, you don’t need a big one.
- A suitable place for it, such as table top electric smoker or usual models
- All the essential and advanced features
- Superior controls, because easy control offers the best smoking experience
The Top 7 Best Electric Smoker Under 300 Reviewed:
1. Char-Broil Digital Electric Smoker -Best Vertical Smoker (Editor’s Choice)
When you need a smoker with a huge cooking space that will allow you to cook for a big family or large groups of people, there is hardly any alternative of this high-tech, well-built digital smoker. It is a fully insulated and airtight deice, which is rich with an enormous cooking space of 725 square inches.
The Blue LED Control System with a removable food thermometer makes it incomparable at this price range.
- It features a dual-tone finish of heavy-duty stainless steel
- It can reach up to 275°F temperature
- A fully insulated device with double-wall construction
- Comes with an enormous cooking space of 725 square inches
- integrated handle and sturdy wheels for superior portability
- Features high-tech digital control panel with digital Blue LED Control System
- High-tech and fully insulated construction
- Enormous cooking space and high temperature
- An airtight device with heavy-duty seal
- Superior temperature control and easy-read display
- Easy to use and amazingly portable
- Removable handy racks
- It gets a bit hotter than the set temperature
- The door doesn’t fit easily
2.Dyna-Glo DGU732BDE-D 30″ Digital Electric Smoker – Best Digital Smoker
If you are looking for an affordable, yet high-tech digital that will cook you a huge number of meals at once, this could be the best and anyone could ever think of. Simply put, it is one of the best budget digital smokers in the market to buy right away.
It has a huge cooking space of 732 square inches, that is equipped with insulated construction, push-button digital control, and, unbelievable an 800 watt heating element burner at only $186.
- Features heavy-duty steel construction with fully insulated, the double-wall technology
- Equipped with four chrome-plated and steel constructed cooking grates
- Features an enormous 732 square inches of cooking space with an 800-watts burner
- Comes with high-tech thermostat push-button controls
- Built-in meat thermometer for an accurate reading
- Comparatively sturdy and durable insulated construction
- Huge cooking space and high temperature
- Superior temperature control and accurate reading
- Very easy to set up and use
- Removable drip tray
- Makes the most of the money
- Complaints about heat and moisture leaking
- Doesn’t produce enough smoke at moderate temperature
3.Masterbuilt MB20073519 – Best Electric Smoker
Masterbuilt has always been so popular because of their overall high value for the money, and, definitely, for some of the best digital smokers ever in the market. This MB20073519 model is not different from others with its Bluetooth smart technology and thermostat control, probe thermometer, and other advanced features.
With a cooking space of 500 square inches, this device can reach a maximum temperature of 275°F an easy-peasy cooking experience.
- Comes with an overall dimension of 19.88 x 20.66 x 33.46 inches
- Heavy-duty, premium-grade stainless steel construction
- The high-tech thermostat and Bluetooth smart technology temperature control
- Features four easily accessible chrome-coated cooking racks
- Comes with a meat probe thermometer
- Equipped with wood chips loader
- Insulated and heavy-duty stainless steel construction
- Very easy temperature control with an accurate reading
- Overall compact and lightweight smoker
- Handy smoking racks for ease of use
- Probe thermometer to master perfect cooking
- Great value for the money
- The LED screen is not very bright
- The drip tray is not removable
You May Like:
4.Char-Broil Analog Electric Smoker – Best Digital Display
Traditional analog smokers haven’t lost it all, and sometimes they are almost s good as the digital ones and match the heavy-duty constructions, enormous cooking space, and overall performances at an affordable price point.
It has a of 544 square inches of cooking space and, being a 1000 watt heating element device, provides huge advantages with easily reachable high temperatures. It is also is cost-effective compared to the digital ones. Besides, if you consider the best electric smokers ratings, it stand tall with considerably high ratings.
- Double-wall steel and fully insulated construction
- It weighs only 49.5 Pounds
- Equipped with three heavy-duty chrome-plated cooking racks
- Features a 544 square inches, steel constructed cooking space
- A 1,000-watt device with a temperature range of 100°F -350°F
- Features a handy temperature Gauge which is door-mounted
- Fully insulated and heavy-duty construction
- Very easy to set up and easy to use
- A lightweight and easily portable smoker
- Very easy cleanup
- Customer service is up to the mark
- Great value for the money
- Temperature control is a tricky process
- Complaints about heat and steam leaking
5.Landmann MCO 32954- Best For Small Space
When you cook outdoor a lot and host BBQ parties frequently, there is no alternative to having an easily portable, lightweight . Considering this, Landmann has come up with these amazingly designed, top-notch, and cost-effective to add a new dimension to your smoking experience.
Featuring a 3-in-1 combo tray, decent cooking spacing, top quality cooking grates, and separate heating elements at only 33 pounds.
- Heavy-duty and A-grade stainless steel construction
- Features heavy-duty 1500 watt heating element
- Features side handles of wrought iron for easy portability
- Come with variable and separable heating elements
- Easily accessible 3-in-1 combo tray feature
- Durable and sturdy construction
- Very powerful heating elements
- Easily accessible trays and easy to clean up
- Very easy to set up and use
- Overall compact and lightweight device
- Top rated for easy portability
- Great value for the money
- The cooking chamber Is not insulated
- It leaks heat and moisture
6.Cuisinart Cos 330-Best Temperature Control
The Cuisinart Cos 330 is perfect for those who are looking for something small and convenient that will still produce great food on a regular basis. It’s less expensive than some other models (which means more money in your pocket), and it has all the features one would expect from Cuisinart quality products – including easy access doors & windows so it’s easier than ever before to add fuel during cooking. Perfect for the casual or first-time smoker
- It’s easy to use & has a large cooking space, so you can smoke meat for a large group of people.
- The removable water pan & wood chip tray allow for easy & quick start UPS & clean UPS.
- Simply add your desired amount of wood chips to the wood chip tray
- 3 stainless steel rack easily can removed for smoking large cuts of meat
- 1500 watt heating element
- Smoker requires wood chips when grilling.
- Thermometer easy to read and on the front door for accessible can monitoring of the internal temperature.
- Dishwasher safe, making cleanup easy.
- 3 Years warranty
- 3 nicely spaced racks
- 1500 Watt electric heating element
- Heating temp and the reading temperature unit both are doing perfect
- Small footprint
- 3-years warranty
- Reasonable price
- The door seals are a little leaky
- Racks are prone to scratching
- Its dripping pan doesn’t catch 100% of grease
- Features is analog temperature control dial
- 30 inch power cord
If you are looking for a mid-range, but top-notch analog with all desired features, then we highly recommend you to opt for the Masterbuilt MB20070210 model without any more hesitation. It is a lightweight smoker with plenty of cooking space and a compact design compared to others of its kind.
However, the 1500 watt heating element and cast iron construction have made it one of the most desired .
- Comes with an overall dimension of 20 x 21.69 x 40.15 inches
- Heavy-duty and premium garden cast-iron construction
- Equipped with giant 1500 watt heating element
- Comes with a built-in and adjustable temperature gauge
- Its patented side wood chip loading system lets you to add wood chips without the opening door
- Features 3 chrome-coated cooking racks for efficient smoking
- Easy dial setting for temperature control
- Heavy-duty, reliable, and durable cast iron construction
- Very decent cooking space
- Comparatively lightweight
- Holds temperature efficiently
- Considerably small profile an easy to use
- Very easy to assemble and cleanup
- The wood chips bowl is not easily accessible
- Complaints about heat and steam leakage
Things To Consider Before Buying The Best Electric Smoker under 300:
Frankly speaking, even after knowing about some of the best smokers under 300 and going through the best electric smoker reviews, we often struggle just to determine the best under $300 for our specified needs.
Capacity: It is not reasonable to look for the maximum capacity possible just because you are spending $300. Instead, a small quality smoker sometimes is the best smoker under 300.
So all you need to do is consider the number of members in your family and the amount of meat you have to cook every time you use your electric meat smokers.
For a couple and a small family needing 3-4 meals at best, a small one is suitable. Besides, small ones are very easy to transport from here to there and easy to handle to some extent.
On the other hand, to deal with a large crowd needing to cook 300 pounds of meat, you will need the ones with bigger capacity.
Features: It matters the most while buying top under 300. As you are spending $300 to buy it, look carefully whether it offers all the essential and advanced features for a convenient cooking experience.
Besides, you might not forget to check all the available options at this range to make sure others offer anything more than the one you are buying.
Budget: Budget matters a lot, as we all want an affordable with all the essential features. Usually, the high-quality ones are more costly while the ones ranging from $200-300 are suitably perfect.
To make sure your smoker can withstand the pressure and test of time, it is not wise just to go for with the flow and buy one at an extremely cheap rate.
Safety: Safety comes first. So you should not go for one with highly combustible material, which can ignite at any time. For utmost safety, we recommend going for one with a double-walled insulation system. It is better to keep your smoker out of kids’ and pets’ access.
Analog: Analog models are the traditional and common types with traditional features, and not with digital features. There is a knob to master the desired temperature, while its heating elements remain connected with the control brick.
Although these models cost less than the digital ones, the major drawback is their inaccurate controlling system.
Digital: As the name is self-explanatory, these models are digital from all the aspects and come with digital controlling as a must-have feature.
Digital electric models are not that common, yet the most popular ones nowadays proving accurate temperature control and overall amazing smoking performance.
However, these models are a bit complicated and can be troublesome sometimes.
Heating Element: If you need excessive heat, you will need high-quality heating elements in your electric smoker as well. If it can withstand high temperatures, it can easily produce and keep high heat. Therefore, you can pick one with 1200 watts heating elements to get the maximum heat.
Temperature controller: The best electric smokers has quality temperature controller is necessary for easy-peasy controlling and a superior cooking experience.
It helps to set the needed temperature and time easily with its better digital control panel and specified functions. Besides, if you a hobbyist, beginner, and not a professional, you will struggle for the want of a quality controller.
Considering these, it would be safe to safe to pick one with a digital control system such as the “Blue LED Control System”.
Lights: While smoking at night, a smoker with lights is really like a blessing. You don’t additional flashlight and no need to wonder what you are cooking. Just use the built-in lights whenever you need them.
Fit and finish: No matter what the structural material is, you cannot deny the importance of quality fit and finishing of any device. In the same way, irrespective of any specific model, it is very important to ensure quality fit and finish so that the smoke cannot leak.
The insulated electric smokers with airtight doors and stainless steel construction are safe here as there could be no leaks and no temperature loss. Considering the customers’ reviews could be the safest move here to ensure desired fit and finish .
Materials: It is no wonder that you might need to use your one for some robust day-to-day tasks. That is where you need heavy-duty and high-quality material constructions.
The best ones offer cast iron or stainless steel construction along with thick steel legs to withstand heavy use and ensure ultimate dense structure. So consider the quality materials carefully.
Wheels: If you want to cook outside a lot and away from your doorsteps or lawn in a safe place, out of kids’ and pets’ reach, you will need wheels. Besides, for easy storage, quality wheels could be your savior.
Many models under 300 offer sturdy wheels, consider one of those before you buy one.
Warranty: A reasonable period of grantee can save you from lots of trouble later; such is repairing money and time. Usually come with a certain period of guarantee. Do not forget to check the stated guarantee feature for every model you consider.
Dimensions and Weight: Make sure the one you are buying is not too bulky and huge. If so, you will have to struggle in handling the smoker, placing it conveniently, and storing it safely as well.
Ease of Use: To ensure the utmost ease for us, there is no alternative to buy with digital controlling elements and superior insulation features. Even the removable drip tray or water pan and other removable parts with non-stick materials could be the best pick for you.
Different Kinds of Electric Smokers
In the market, you would find in a wide variety. But, technically, there are only 4 major types of smokers, while the others fall somewhere between these categories.
- a) Analog Smoker: Analog smokers have been the most common type and traditional household smokers for a long time now. Consequently, compared to the digital ones, they lack digital and advanced features and mostly function using the traditional features.
Usually, to control the temperature, there is a knob in all the analog models. There is also a control brick to master the overall function and heating element, as the heating elements remain connected with it. As there are no digital and costly features, these models also cost less money compared to digital ones. Remember, the temperature control system is never accurate.
- b) Digital Smoker: As the name is self-explanatory, the models with advanced technologies and convenient functioning are called digital smokers. In every digital smoker, you will find the digital controlling system as a must along with all other advanced options.
Digital smokers are not that common yet but have been the most popular type of smoker in recent years just because of their accurate temperature and time controlling system. Although the digital features require proper knowledge to handle efficiently, and it may get a bit complicated at times, the overall experience is quite satisfactory and worth the money.
- c) Cabinet Smokers: Cabinet smokers are known as compact smokers. In fact, they are popular for their compact design, easy-to-use features, and multiple handy racks. You can remove and reposition them without any trouble, for various types of cooking, ensuring the ultimate ease of use.
These smokers are unbelievably versatile allowing them to cooks a wide range of dishes. They can also accommodate all kinds of dishes in their handy racks. Yet, the most interesting fact about these smokers is that they can function well even without any water.
- d) Vertical Water Smokers: Vertical water smokers are the best match for beginners and they run on gas, electricity, or charcoal, although the gas-based ones are most popular as they provide a comparatively high and stable temperature. These smokers have three-stage construction, e.g., water pan, heat source, and cooking compartment.
The heat source stays at the bottom of the smoker and above the stays the water pan, which eventually controls the whole system. Above these two compartments lies the cooking surface.
Components of an Electric Smoker
There are lots of components. Some of them are more important, while some are not that much. However, there are five major elements of it, without they cannot function efficiently.
- a) Smoker body: As you can understand, this is the most important part of your smoker that has a door and remains on the top by maintaining the heat and needed smoke inside. As you will need proper and even heat at all the time, heavy-duty, top-notch, and fully insulated system should be the top priority.
If the smoke and heat escape, you will end up with unevenly cooked not-so-tasty food,
- b) Water Bowls: No one wants tasteless, juiceless, and dry food after spending a considerable amount of time cooking it. That’s why the water bowl or pan inserted in the smokers maintains the moisture or steam level needed to get some juicy and tasty cooked food.
A perfect water bowl must have the capacity to hold at least a cup of water.
- c) Controls: Effective controlling system is one of those features that aired the smokers very much. It helps to set the needed temperature and time easily with its better control panel and specified functions. Some of these have a “Blue LED Control System” for ease of use.
- d) Drip Tray: The drip tray collects the juice dripping from the meet, keeps the temperature the same as before. If the drips of juice from the meat fall into the heating source, the temperature will eventually fluctuate leading to a frustrating cooking experience.
Besides, it comes in handy when you want to boost up the flavor of your dishes. You can just add up some water, herbs, carrots, and even wine into a drip tray and place it in there.
- e) Wood Chips and Smoking: This wood chips component makes this immensely interesting by offering juicy and tasty smoked flavor meat. There is a chip bowl and all you need to do is keep it inside the smoker along the cooking period after adding the necessary amount of wood chips to it. The number of wood chips may vary considering the quality of meat you are cooking with electric meat smokers.
The wood chips will keep the smoke steady and result in some heavy superbly smoked flavored, tasty and juicy meat.
What is “seasoning” an electric smoker?
“Seasoning” an electric smoker, simply, is the process of getting rid of any leftover such as dust, oils, or any other ingredients or chemicals left from the manufacturing process, and eventually making the this ready for cooking.
Want to know the Good and Bad Side of Best electric smoker Under 300
No device is free from any kind of drawbacks or disadvantages. Therefore, this has its pros and cons as well.
- Very easy to fire up, even for the beginners
- Almost all the models are affordable
- Heats up fast and cooks very fast
- Highly insulated and traps all the heat and smoke inside
- Very easy to control the temperature and keep track of the temperature
- Built-in timers shut off the device automatically
- Even the cooking speed can be optimized
- Immensely versatile with a variety of cooking heights
- There is no harmful emission of kinds of stuff like carbon monoxide
- Fully functional irrespective of any weather condition
- Can be used indoor at any time
- Worth the money
- Cooking capacity is limited
- Inexpensive ones don’t cook fast because of low temperature
- Complicated construction because of various working parts
- You would need to replace the thermometers
Advantages of Owing An Electric Smoker
Temperature Control: It is the most significant advantage to mention. You can just set the needed temperature easily and maintain it all the time without any kind of trouble or further monitoring. As a result, you don’t have to worry about temperature fluctuation or burning up your favorite dishes.
The ones with a digital controlling system make it further easier as they also have a digital control panel. So, along with their automated control system, they reduce the chances of any accident to almost zero percent.
Safety: Safety is the ultimate priority of this. Being the safest kind of smokers to date, they ensure utmost safety as the fire cannot spread from inside the smoker no matter what happens. However, in traditional smokers fire can easily spread if anything knocks the smoker over.
Besides, they are highly insulated and safely wired as well making them perfectly shockproof and safe to use even when they are wet.
Heat Convection: As stated earlier, these smokers are very highly insulated with heavy-duty and airtight doors. Being so, they don’t let any heat or smoke out eventually resulting in smoked favored, juicy and tasty meat every time.
Tips for Using Electric Smoker
To ensure the longevity, experts suggest some tips follow from the very first day of using it.
Invest in a Dual Probe Thermometer: The first safety precaution you should take and invest in buying a dual probe meat thermometer. It will help you keep track of the temperature inside the smoker so that you don’t burn out your dishes or end up with unevenly or partly cooked food.
However, to ensure further safety, and for the highest temperature, it is always safe to use a meat thermometer with a dual probe design so that it doesn’t get damaged and provides a wrong reading.
Check the season for Using the First time: Before you go to enjoy meat smoking, we highly recommend checking the season of your electric smoker and season it efficiently if needed.
On a new smoker, there could be various kinds of leftover such as dust, oils, or any other ingredients or chemicals left from the manufacturing process. So check the season for using the first time and eventually make these ready for cooking by seasoning it.
People Like To Know (FAQ)
Are electric smokers as good as others?
Yes, these are as good as others because there are no nasty kinds of stuff such as carbon monoxide. Although they lack in flavor compared to others and slow to heat up.
What to Smoke ?
Just because BBC has become immensely popular over the years doesn’t mean the cheap cuts of meat for BBQ is the only option here to smoke.
Different Meats to Smoke: As mentioned above, you have different options and various types of meat available at your hand to smoke right away. They are less costly, less coveted, and, of course, fatty, such as:
Beef Brisket, Chuck Roast, Chicken Thigh, Beef Prime Rib, Pork Belly, Pork Butt, Baby Back Ribs, Beef Ribs, Lamb Leg, Spatchcock Chicken, Tri-Tip, etc.
Is electric or propane better for smoking?
When it comes to flavor in the first place, propane gas smokers are better than the electric ones, as they offer far better flavor than the electric ones.
Nevertheless, when it comes to ease of use, better control, and safety, this take an edge over the propane gas smokers.
What Are Electric Smokers, and How Do They Work?
Smokers are usually a kind of outdoor cooking device that uses hot electric rods to heat and smoke food. They work using cooking chambers to produce coil from the flow of electricity, to circulate air, and use convection to heat food.
What is the best electric smoker to buy?
Amongst various options, to determine the best for you, you must consider your needs, such as capacity, type, controls, and other features.
Where is the best place to buy your electric meat smoker?
You can buy an electric meat smoker, easily from any local and reliable kitchen appliances shop. However, if you can wait and choose from all the available options, you can order it from any reliable online shop, such as Amazon.
However, be careful about the customer ratings, guarantee period, and other terms and conditions carefully.
What is the best inexpensive smoker?
Amongst the many inexpensive or best budget, you can go for various models of Masterbuilt Smoker, Char-Griller, Nordic Ware, Kingsford Barrel, Grill pro, etc.
Which is the best electric smoker for under 200?
You can get some of the best 2020 or newly arrived 2021 models under 200 in the market, such as Masterbuilt 20071117 or 20070210, various Char-Broil models, etc.
Is smoked meat bad for you?
No, it isn’t bad usually. But, if you consume it too much, dangerous chemicals such as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons may lead to cancer, as suggested by research.
What should I look for when buying ?
You should look for:
- Suitable capacity and size
- Essential and advanced features
- Superior controls
- A suitable place to set up
Which is better pellet or wood smoker?
Pellet smokers have a small edge over wood smokers when we consider the overall longer burning capacity. Here wood chips ae great for quality .However, the pellet smokers require electricity, while the wood smokers don’t.
What type of smoker is best for beginners?
Usually, with a superior controller system, LED display, easily accessible and removable racks, and other easy-to-use features are best for beginners.
Which is a better electric smoker or pellet smoker?
The pellet ones consume less electricity compared to this, but they are more costly. However, considering flavor, pellet smokers win.
Can you leave electric smoker outside in winter?
No, it is not safe to keep outside in winter as the weather can damage the digital controller beyond repair.
Is an electric smoker better than propane?
Considering flavor propane gas smokers are better than the electric ones. Nevertheless, considering ease of use, this will be win.
Will an electric smoker work in cold weather?
Yes, this works in cold weather, as it can hibernate without any problems.
What is the temperature range of a Masterbuilt electric smoker?
You can cook in a wide variety of temperatures in a Masterbuilt .Usually, the temperature range is 100 to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
Are electric smokers worth the money?
Yes, usually, the top are worth the money. They are affordable, easy to use, cooks fast and there are no nasty kinds of stuff such as carbon monoxide.
At what temperature does meat stop absorbing smoke?
Simply put, there could be no fixed temperature when the meat stops absorbing smoke. However, at about 170° F or 76.66° C, the rings stop to grow further.
Is it bad to smoke in the cold weather?
No, it is not bad to smoke in any weather, if you can hold up the needed temperature to cook the meat.
Can I use electric smoker in my garage?
Yes, you can, but considering lots of smoke, it is not safe to use these smokers in the garage. Besides, it can cause your garage elements to smell smoky as well.
Can you use electric smokers indoors?
Any reasonable man would not use it indoors for it creates smokes and may cause any fire accident if you be indifferent at any point.
Do electric smokers cook faster?
Since there is no combustion and comparatively less airflow, less evaporation and cooling inside the , they can cook faster.
Do electric smokers use a lot of electricity?
No, they don’t consume a lot of electricity. Most of these are of 800 watts capacity and consume 192-kilowatt hours only.
Do I need to put water in an electric smoker?
Yes, if you want faster smokes, you need to add water. All the top come with a removable drip tray or water pan, so you can fill it using water.
You May Like:
With so many options available in the market, finding the best electric smoker under 300 is a tricky process, as you have to consider all the aspects, such as smoker components, ease of use, constructions to overall quality, and your needs.
If you can stick to our all-inclusive buying guide ,we hope it would be easy for you to get the best electric smoker for the money.